1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1851 

Description: View of five soldiers in a dinghy, aside a dock, with another soldier standing on the dock. The fort is visible in the background, complete with the fortif...

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Jefferson Street south from Doty Street with trees lining the street.

Date: 1821 

Description: Plan of the settlement of Green Bay.

Photograph

Cadle Home

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Cadle Home, an Episcopal Home for aged people. The Cadle Home was named for Reverend Cadle who went to Green Bay in 1829 as the first local...

Date: 1889 

Description: Southwest view of the Fox River and the waterfront.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: View showing Elmore and Kelly's Elevator with a boat, train, and the buildings at Fort Howard. Fort Howard was incorporated into Green Bay.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of a house in a residential area, obscured by trees. "The house was built in 1835 by Ellis and was last occupied by the Misses Bessie and Barbara Hage...

Photograph

Doty Home

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Doty home with trees in the yard.

Photograph

Surgeons' Quarters

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Front view of the Fort Howard surgeons' quarters.

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: Elevated view of industrial waterfront and the Fox River.

Date: 1868 

Description: This map shows land ownership by name, lots, roads, railroads, and part of the Fox River. The map includes an explanation and table of witnesses to the cor...

Photograph

Harbor and Docks

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: View of the Green Bay harbor and docks.

Date: 1823 ca.

Description: First church in Green Bay.

Date: 1857 ca.

Description: Green Bay Intelligencer Newspaper Office. This was the first newspaper published in Wisconsin. The building was on Main Street. This drawing appeared in...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of dirt road with houses along both sides, and wooden walkways and picket fences along the road.

Photograph

Baker House

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Winter view of the Baker house, the residence of James S. Baker.

Photograph

Doty Office

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View of the J.D. Doty office. Doty served as agent for John Jacob Astor in promoting the village of Astor, later renamed Green Bay.

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: Locks near De Pere, the only wooden pier on the Fox River.

Drawing

Astor House

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Rough sketch of the Astor house made from memory.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse, built in 1859.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.