1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Aerial view of a residential part of Janesville.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Exterior of First Congregational Church in winter.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Date: 1890 

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Date: 1874 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Beloit, with insets of Beloit College, Beloit High School, and Memorial Hall.

Map or Atlas

City Map of Beloit

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows land ownership by name, local streets, railroads, parks, college grounds, schools, cemeteries, and part of Rock River. The upper left margin...

Date: 1836 ca.

Description: This map is ink on tracing paper and shows block numbers, streets, lot numbers of block no. 6, and a public square in Newburgh, a paper city (a city planne...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: View down Madison Street with houses along sidewalk.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The State Institute for the Blind. A school free for blind children of Wisconsin and attended by Louisa May Alcott.

Drawing

The Rock River

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: The Rock River.

Date: 1881 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Milton Junction.

Date: 1890 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Beloit with insets of Williams Engine Works, Eclipse Wind Engine Co., and John Foster & Co.

Date: 1898-08 

Description: The stables at the Milton House. The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Jo...

Date: 1880 

Description: Exterior view of the front of the Rock County Poor House. The three-story house is set on a hill with broken wood pieces in the foreground.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Looking northwest from the Methodist Episcopal Church, Main Street, with trolley track running down the center of the street.

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Janesville from the High School building.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.