1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Osborn House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the original house on the Osborn homestead, built in 1844 when J.H. Osborn moved to Oshkosh permanently from New York City.

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1883 

Description: Oshkosh Grand Opera House. The building was started in 1882 and finished in the following year at a cost of $36,000. It measures 60 x 120 feet. This photog...

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Date: 1884 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance map for city of Menasha.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Photograph

Industry

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of the flour mill district. The Cedar Street Bridge is in the background, and the mills are, right to left going back, the Winnebago Flour...

Photograph

Fire Ruins

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereoview of the ruins after the fire of April 28, 1875.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Congregational Church on the corner of Broad and Milwaukee Streets.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Mound known as the Hill of the Dead.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows city wards, streets, block and lot numbers, cemeteries, buildings, landownership, forests, railroads, a race course, quarries, and orchards....

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1883 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Grand Opera House. This is the interior showing the curtain painted by Louis Kindt of Kenosha, which depicts a scene from Goethe's "Herman and...

Photograph

Wisconsin Avenue

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view over Wisconsin Avenue looking northwest.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The corner of Main Street and Tayco Street looking south towards Doty Island. The slanting timbers controlled the primitive draw bridge across the canal.

Date: 1835-07-21 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on tracing paper and shows township lines surveyed by Mullett and Brink, subdivision lines surveyed by A.G. Ellis, and part...

Date: 1884 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance map for city of Menasha.

Date: 1876 

Description: This map is of the towns of Neenah and Menasha and shows existing and proposed canals. Water depths shown by soundings. Little Butte des Morts Lake, Doty I...

Photograph

High School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: A small group of children sits on the front stairs of a high school.

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Line drawing of first paper mill in Neenah, Wisconsin, built in 1865-66 and called the Neenah Paper Mill; it was run by a stock company composed of Nathan...

Photograph

Flour Mill District

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of flour mill district. The Walnut Street bridge is in the background and the mill to the right is the Atlantic Mills (Neenah Stone Mills in 18...

Photograph

Reed Residence

Date: 1867 

Description: The home of Curtis Reed.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.