1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Drawing

Grignon House

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Reproduction of a pen drawing of the Grignon house. The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon....

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

Date: 1852 ca.

Description: This map shows plat of three towns, sections, local streets, the Grand Chute Island, and part of the Fox River. The map includes 1 inset map: "Diagram of C...

Date: 1870 before

Description: Sketch of the Fox River, a train, the mill, a warehouse, and a steamboat.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: Cutaway view of the building that housed the first electrical station created to distribute incandescent light electricity.

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Methodist Church.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A drawing of the DuCharme/Grignon house and fur-trading post as it appeared shortly before being razed in about 1892.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: A man shows off an incandescent lamp switchboard with bamboo filiament, lamp receptacle with wooden base, current and pressure indicators and controlling d...

Date: 1892 

Description: Advertising poster for "The Modern Hero 2 and 4 Horse Power and Grinding Mill." Produced by the Appleton Manufacturing Company of Appleton, Wisconsin; Minn...

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Roman Catholic Church. The arch in front of the door has the names of the priests who had served here beginning with Rev. Father Van den Brock. Over th...

Photograph

Grignon Home

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1886 

Description: The first electric street railway in Wisconsin.

Photograph

Little Chute Tavern

Date: 1898-06 

Description: What is believed to be the oldest tavern in Little Chute, built in 1850's. It was later known as Mrs. Benoit's home.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The home and fur-trading post of Col. Dominique DuCharme. The portion of the structure on the left was built by DuCharme in 1791. The right portion was add...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Young man sitting on a large rock called the “Devil's Chair” in Rattlesnake Hollow.

Date: 1884 

Description: View across water of a Milwaukee, Lake Shore, and Western Railroad locomotive (No #33) pulling a pay car across a trestle over the Fox River. Several large...

Date: 1891 

Description: This blueprint manuscript map shows land owned by Green Bay & Mississippi Canal Co., Meade, Vilas, Patten, and Hewitt. Streets and the Fox River are labele...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: This map is a plat map and shows government buildings, churches, Klein’s Park, and the government dam in Kaukauna. The map includes text about Kaukauna wit...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.