1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Date: 1895 after

Description: Drawing of the Edward Dwight Eaton Chapel at Beloit College. Note on the drawing says: "Patton & Fisher Archts, Chicago."

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Exterior view in winter of the Wisconsin School for the Blind. In the foreground is a gateway and fence.

Photograph

Court Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view looking down Court Street in Janesville toward the west.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Interior of the State School for the Blind, perhaps a study or room for recreation. Included in the room are several tables with small models, a piano, and...

Photograph

Mary C. and Grandpa

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An elderly man stands in a room holding a small girl. Caption on negative reads, "Mary C. and Grandpa."

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View of the Koshkonong Hotel (later the Lakehouse Inn), a stone and brick hotel with a parapet roof on Maple Beach Road. People are in front of the inn. Ha...

Date: 1858 

Description: This 1858 map of Rock County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, roads, property owners and res...

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Family around table in yard, with woman knitting and dog nearby. Small stone house behind wood fence. The house has a small frame addition, probably a kitc...

Date: 1875 

Description: Halvor Skavlem (middle?), Gunil Olmstead Skavlem and a friend stand near the fence in front of Skavlem's frame home, with an unidentified man reading on th...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An interior view of the front parlor at 165 N. High Street.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Exterior of First Congregational Church in winter.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The Janesville City Hospital.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: "Mineral spring pavilion with visitors taking the waters." Seven adults, including a man in a top hat, five children and a woman are posed in a gazebo buil...

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: Twenty-one members of the Gullik K. Springen family, and one dog, in a farmyard with carriage, two-story stone house, wood barn and stone barn in the backg...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Aerial view of a residential part of Janesville.

Date: 1898-08 

Description: The stables at the Milton House. The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Jo...

Date: 1858 

Description: Drawing of the exterior of the Shopiere Flouring Mill. Several men, some in a horse-drawn wagon are in front of the building.

Date: 1890 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Beloit with insets of Williams Engine Works, Eclipse Wind Engine Co., and John Foster & Co.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.