1 2 3 4
.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (1829-1835).

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

Vedder House

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The Cornelia Vedder house. Described as the house "where George Winnie, a conductor on the Milwaukee and Prairie du Chien Railroad, stayed at the end of hi...

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.