1 2
.

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Black Hawk Avenue.

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, the Mississippi River, Fort Crawford, depot ground, and a graveyard. An old fort location is outlined in re...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 ca.

Description: Fort Shelby, built by the Americans during the War of 1812. In 1814 the fort surrendered to British forces led by Captain Andrew W. Bulger who renamed it...

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1859 

Description: Steam-powered car designed to run on ice across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The LADY FRANKLIN made one successful trip across, but wa...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Map or Atlas

Prairie du Chien

Date: 1838 

Description: This map is a development plat that shows street names, numbered blocks and lots, and small farm lot owners. Included on the right of the map is a large a...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.