1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Parfrey's Glen

Date: 1909 

Description: Two women pose behind a log which has fallen across the stream in Parfrey's Glen. One woman holds a small pail.

Date: 1918-05-27 

Description: A group of more than 70 draftees poses on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse on the day they left Baraboo for Camp Grant near Rockford, Illinois. Most...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

W.H. Canfield

Date: 1906 

Description: William H. Canfield, an early settler of Sauk County, civil engineer, local historian and archeologist, poses outdoors holding a walking stick.

Date: 1931 

Description: A man and his dog are on the lawn in front of a house. A wooden sign reads, "Cottage and Rooms for Rent." Another sign below advertises for "N.F. Sherman 2...

Photograph

Devil's Doorway

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view of a woman standing in the Devil's Doorway above Devil's Lake. There is graffiti on the rocks.

Photograph

Cars Buried in Snow

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Winter scene with three men standing beside parked cars that have been buried by snowfall and snowplow on Fourth Avenue, Baraboo, Wisconsin. The Sauk Count...

Photograph

Mine Building

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mining building. Possibly in Ironton.

Photograph

Mill and Store

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view across field of mill and store at Black Hawk. There are feed sacks on the porch of the mill and a horse on the far right.

Date: 1925-08 

Description: A brief article describing the new studio of photographer E.B. Trimpey, including photographs of the front and rear of the building. There is a landscaped...

Date: 1911 

Description: Newly constructed office building at construction site, with buggy in attached shed.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Bass farmhouse, originally owned by the photographer's father, Isaac Bass. Pictured are the photographer's mother, Lorinda Bass, brother Frank Bass hol...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1922 

Description: View of Devil's Lake from the shore of the Kirkland Hotel, located at the southeast corner of the lake. There is building, perhaps a boathouse, on the shor...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: This was the first bridge built across the Wisconsin River, constructed about 1850, although it was not opened to traffic until 1852. It was torn down in 1...

Date: 1906 

Description: Mr. Kleinlein poses outdoors with a photograph in his hand. There is a large building on a hill in the background.

Postcard

Hotel Warren

Date: 1907 

Description: Photographic postcard of exterior view from street of the stone hotel on a corner. Large awnings are over the first floor windows. Decorative ironwork is o...

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: Members of the German-American Freie Gemeinde ("Free Thinkers") organization, posed in front of their building at Sauk City.

Date: 1939-10-01 

Description: A group poses at the laying of the cornerstone for August Derleth's new house, the Place of Hawks. Attendees include, back row, left to right, E.B. Trimpey...

Date: 1924 

Description: View from shoreline of a covered bridge over a river.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.