1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view from Bribois Bluff.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this image was made, the structure was occupied by Ben Schau...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map shows farm lots and private land claims on Prairie du Chien. The bottom left margin reads: "Part of sec. 1, T6 N, R 7W and sec. 36, T 7N, R 7W. S...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View seen from Brisbois Bluff.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. The American Fur Company, which had been organized by John Jacob Astor i...

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse, a view from the river.

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows blocks, lots, subdivisions, city wards, buildings, some landownership, and the Mississippi River. The map margins include business...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Marquette monument, in memory of the discovery of the Mississippi River by Father Marquette and Louis Joliet, June 17, 1673. The monument was unveiled on S...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Map or Atlas

Fort Crawford

Date: 1821 

Description: A topographical view of the site of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: The Museum of Medical Progress at the site of Fort Crawford military hospital.

Photograph

DeLury Log Cabin

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the DeLury log cabin, where four generations (at time of photo) of the same family have lived. Probably built around 1840.

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.