1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Photograph

Rock River

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Wagon bridge and dam on the Rock River at Monteray.

Photograph

Milton House Inn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Milton House Inn. The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodri...

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: Left side view of the locomotive engine no. 2872, a steam locomotive of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Company.

Date:  

Description: Distant winter view of the company buildings and residential area, with smokestacks in the background.

Date: 1980-04-21 

Description: Across a street leading to 51 is a parking lot with a single automobile parked in a lot near a church. Across the street to the left is a Shell gas station...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Fourth Avenue bridge above the dam.

Date: 1981-05 

Description: View across road of building on East Main Street.

Date: 1938-05-27 

Description: Right side view of the engine no. 1277, a steam locomotive of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Company.

Postcard

Train Depot

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul depot.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down Broad Street. There is one automobile parked on the left, and some horse-drawn vehicles in the far distance. Houses and sidewalks are on both sid...

Date:  

Description: View of the bridge over water, with a building behind it.

Map or Atlas

Map of Rock County

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: This cadastral map shows highways, land owners, railroads, and rivers.

Photograph

College Avenue

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of entrance to White Park from the intersection of College Street and Bushnell Street, which are unpaved. A young girl stands under the archway entran...

Postcard

Union Depot

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Union Depot.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view from riverbank of the Upper Bridge crossing the Rock River into Beloit. A man is in a rowboat in the foreground. In the background...

Postcard

Goodwin Block

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Colorized, exterior view from the street of the Goodwin block, featuring a hotel and a pharmacy. Several bicycles are parked at the curb.

Date: 2008 

Description: Standard Oil Company constructed this brick super-service station in 1930 at 101 North Franklin Street. Its Spanish Colonial-style details include decorati...

Date: 1973 

Description: This map is a photocopy of the original plat of Beloit from 1838. The map shows labeled roads, lots, and rivers.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard view of the exterior of the First Congregational Church on a tree-lined street.

Photograph

Court Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view looking down Court Street in Janesville toward the west.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.