1 2 3
.

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: Lithographic view of Four Legs Village at the outlet of Lake Winnebago. There are is a person in a canoe on the river and a large tree in the foreground. S...

Date: 1872 

Description: Shows landowners, buildings, lot numbers, roads and railroads. Includes Menasha business directory.

Date: 1899-08-24 

Description: Pen-and-ink and color on paper. Also shows probable routes of the French explorers Constant le Marchand de Lignery in 1728 and Louis de la Porte de Louvign...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Front view of the Northern Hospital for the Insane. A horse-drawn carriage is outside the entrance.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of Main Street bridge, looking toward a section of the city known locally as Brooklyn.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of business district.

Date: 1877 

Description: This map shows the Fox River, Lake Winnebago, city wards, lot and block numbers, landownership, selected buildings, railroads, and roads. There are three i...

Date: 1873 

Description: This 1873 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, landownership and acreages, roads, r...

Photograph

Sawyer House

Date: 1863 ca.

Description: A view of Senator Philetus Sawyer's residence. Sawyer was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1881.

Photograph

Industry

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of the flour mill district. The Cedar Street Bridge is in the background, and the mills are, right to left going back, the Winnebago Flour...

Date: 1846 ca.

Description: This plat map, which features the very early spelling of Wisconsin as "Wiskonsin," was created sometime between 1846 and 1854 and shows a canal and dam on...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of Main Street bridge, looking toward a section of the city known locally as Brooklyn.

Photograph

Cedar Street Bridge

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Cedar Street Bridge(?). The construction of this bridge is the same as the Cedar Street bridge, but as other landmarks are not visible,...

Painting

Menasha Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: ". . . The upper Grand Chute was the last of the 'improvements' paintings signed by Brookes and Stevenson. Yet there were two more vital links in the Fox R...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...

Date: 1833 

Description: Map of part of the military road from Fort Crawford to Fort Howard. "Recorded on pages 668.669 Book B." Surveyed by Lieut. Center. Scale: 2 miles = 1 inch.

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Print

Ferry Street

Date: 1856 

Description: View from bridge on river. Storefronts and homes line the road that stretches to the horizon.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The corner of Main Street and Tayco Street looking south towards Doty Island. The slanting timbers controlled the primitive draw bridge across the canal.

Date: 1835-07-21 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on tracing paper and shows township lines surveyed by Mullett and Brink, subdivision lines surveyed by A.G. Ellis, and part...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.