1 2

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...


Public Square

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking west on to Public Square.


Menasha Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "....The upper Grand Chute was the last of the 'improvements' paintings signed by Brookes and Stevenson. Yet there were two more vital links in the Fox Riv...


Description: Exterior view from road of the Elisha D. Smith Library. The library opened in 1898 funded with a gift of $20,000 from E.D. Smith. Over the main entrance, a...

Date: 1974 ca.

Description: This map shows streets, Lake Winnebago, Little Lake Butte Des Morts, and the Fox River. Also included is text on the Fox River Waterways and the history of...


Description: Left side view of Chicago,Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 901, class J2, built by Borrks Locomotive Works in 1887. Engineer Jake Rhyner...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Lake steamer at dock, in fog.

Date: 1963-06-16 

Description: View across parking lot towards the Kimberly-Clark Paper Company plant.

Date: 1963-09-29 ca.

Description: View across water of a railroad bridge along the side of a strip of industrial buildings. Railroad cars are stopped in front of the buildings.

Date: 1886-12 

Description: This map is ink and pen on tracing cloth and shows land ownership by name, canals, local streets, section lines, and original low water lines in blue. The...

Date: 1899-08-24 

Description: Pen-and-ink and color on paper. Also shows probable routes of the French explorers Constant le Marchand de Lignery in 1728 and Louis de la Porte de Louvign...

Date: 1963-09-14 

Description: The Marathon Paper Corporation plant along the historic Fox River canal.

Date: 1945 

Description: This map shows block and lot numbers, subdivisions, streets, railroads, and abandoned right of ways. Some areas are shown in yellow and pink. The city seal...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing from Harney's "History of Winnebago County" of E.L. Mathewson's home on Doty Island.

Date: 1963-29 

Description: A diagonal view down the canal of the Menasha Woodenware Company. Along the opposite side of the canal are boxcars on an elevated railroad track over the w...

Date: 1963-09-29 

Description: The Menasha Woodenware plant and water tower on Doty Island from across the Fox River canal, with a small railroad dolly in the foreground.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The home of R.M. Scott.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The corner of Main Street and Tayco Street looking south towards Doty Island. The slanting timbers controlled the primitive draw bridge across the canal.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mills with switcher engines in front of buildings. The engines are (left to right) Chicago and Northwestern Railway No. 124, Wi...

Date: 1963-06-16 

Description: View down street towards the Menasha railroad crossing and a Roman Catholic Church.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: