1 2
.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: House built by Dominique Ducharme in 1791 and added on to by Augustin Grignon after 1813.

Date: 1874 

Description: Bird's-eye view map of Appleton, Wisconsin. Map reads: "NOTE.-Since the above cut was engraved, the Fox River Pulp & Paper Co.'s Mammoth Mills have been er...

Date: 1890-06-17 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: This map is a plat map and shows government buildings, churches, Klein’s Park, and the government dam in Kaukauna. The map includes text about Kaukauna wit...

Photograph

Mrs. Cadle

Date: 1889 

Description: Mrs. Cadle seated in a bedroom, looking out a window. On the table in front of her is a cup and saucer.

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Methodist Church.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View from a hillside of either a house or factory on the Fox River.

Date: 1882-12-21 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Kaukauna, from the Appleton Post Annual Review.

Photograph

Masonic Hall

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Text: "Masonic Hall at the corner of College Avenue and Oneida Street; built in 1855 by Theodore Conkey, it burned in 1874. The Zuehlke Building was built...

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: View of the Appleton Woolen Mills from the south, circa 1895. The three-story building in the right front was constructed in 1893. The long, two-story bui...

Date: 1886 

Description: First electric street railway service in Wisconsin.

Photograph

Grignon Home

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1867 

Description: Birds-eye drawing of Appleton, Outagamie Co., depicting street names and street layout, houses, the Fox River, the court house, jail, school houses, Lawren...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: The house built by Charles A. Grignon between 1837 and 1839 for Mary Meade, his Pennsylvania bride. Mrs. Grignon and her family are standing in front of th...

Photograph

Main Street Arch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Main Street in Little Chute looking towards Kaukauna; the arch is at the intersection of the street that leads to the Chicago & Northwestern Depot.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Methodist Church.

Drawing

Grignon House

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Reproduction of a pen drawing of the Grignon house. The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon....

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.