1 2 3
.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the town, land owners by name, local streets, railroads, churches, and part of the Rock River. The map is also indexed by church d...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Photograph

Jefferson School

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Jefferson School, built on the site of the first cemetery in Janesville.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Beloit College Chapel with congregation posed outside.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Family around table in yard, with woman knitting and dog nearby. Small stone house behind wood fence. The house has a small frame addition, probably a kitc...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: The Kimball and Lowell Hardware Store located on the corner of Franklin and Milwaukee Streets.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Interior of the Rock Prairie Lutheran Church in Luther Valley. Note the model of the sailing ship hanging from the ceiling of the nave, a traditional pract...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Exterior of First Congregational Church in winter.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Middle College building with a group of people.

Photograph

Dodge Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view over river of Dodge Street in Janesville looking west.

Photograph

Court Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view looking down Court Street in Janesville toward the west.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Students and adults of the State School for the Blind pose for a group portrait in front of the building.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: "Mineral spring pavilion with visitors taking the waters." Well-dressed men, women and children are posed in a gazebo built over the Iodo-Magnesian Springs...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View of the Koshkonong Hotel (later the Lakehouse Inn), a stone and brick hotel with lots of windows, a parapet roof and a small structure on roof, on Mapl...

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The Janesville City Hospital.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.