1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1945 

Description: Aerial view of Bascom Hill, Bascom Hall, Wisconsin Historical Society on the University of Wisconsin Madison campus with Lake Mendota on the right.

Photograph

Mapleside

Date: 1920 

Description: An old house east of the Hill Farm House on Middleton Road. The house was remodeled by Sam Miller, who named it Mapleside.

Date:  

Description: Postcard view of the Madison Free Library and its surrounding area. The library was built with Carnegie money and opened in 1906. The name changed to Mad...

Photograph

M.J. Purry House

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Children play outside the M.J. Purry House, 2125 E. Dayton Street.

Date: 1896-05-12 

Description: Langdon Street looking west toward Science Hall.

Date: 1950-02-24 

Description: The prow of the Unitarian Meeting House during construction, with the roof trusses in place. The building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and constructe...

Photograph

Marburg Apartments

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: The Marburg Apartments at 124 W. Dayton Street.

Photograph

Monona Avenue

Date: 1929 ca.

Description: Monona Avenue. The Wisconsin State Capitol can be seen in the background.

Date: 1923 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the University of Wisconsin campus shows from west to east the Agricultural Hall, Observatory Hall and the Wisconsin Historical Society with...

Photograph

Babcock Drive

Date: 1948 

Description: Signpost for Babcock Drive with the Agricultural Hall on the University of Wisconsin campus in the background.

Photograph

Mapleside

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An old house east of the Hill Farm House on Middleton Road. The house was remodeled by Sam Miller, who named it Mapleside.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Stoughton Opera House stage, advertising curtain and boxes from front of auditorium.

Photograph

Wisconsin Avenue

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Looking north down the tree-lined 100 block of Wisconsin Avenue, with Christ Presbyterian Church and Central High School(later Madison Area Technical Colle...

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1917 before

Description: Bascom Hall with dome (formerly Main Hall) from Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The Lincoln Monument is in front of the entrance...

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Cyanotype view of 630 Langdon Street, built in 1890 for E.T. Owne. From 1894 to 1899 it was used as the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house. It was demolish...

Photograph

West Pediment

Date:  date unknown

Description: North Pediment, called "The Unveiling of the Resources of the State", by the sculptor Karl Bitter. One of four groups of granite statuary on the exterior o...

Photograph

Marburg Apartments

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: The Marburg Apartments at 124 W. Dayton Street.

Photograph

Monona Farm

Date: 1927 

Description: Monona Farm, operated by the Quaker Oats Company.

Date: 1910 

Description: The staff of Blied Printing Company posed in front of the building at 117 W. Main Street. Employees listed are James Cawley, Harold Puetz, Mabel Sherman, H...

Photograph

Tripp Hall

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Entrance to Tripp Hall, a men's dormitory, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.