1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: 614 Langdon Street. This Queen Anne-style residence was built in 1889 for Phyllis Frawley. From 1889-1902, she rented the house to the Beta Theta Pi chapte...

Date: 1912 

Description: The interior of the Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, 126 (120) West Johnson Street.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: The Holy Redeemer Catholic Church Parish House, 124 West Johnson Street.

Date: 1949-07-28 

Description: Businesses along West Main Street during the remodeling of the Blied Building, 29 West Main Street, after the top one and two stories have been removed. Bu...

Date: 1926 

Description: Exterior view of the Neighborhood House, Madison's only settlement house.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: The Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 126 (120) West Johnson Street.

Photograph

Leitch-Hobson House

Date:  

Description: The Leitch-Hobson house, 752 East Gorham Street, in the English Gothic revival style. Mayor Leitch, the first owner, was the son of an Edinburgh, Scotland...

Photograph

View of Madison

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Madison in the far distance taken from the third floor of a home at 216 Campbell Street, in University Heights. There is a power line suspended in...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The observatory on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1918 

Description: This map shows Madison and includes an index of University of Wisconsin buildings, city buildings, and churches. Lake Mendota, Lake Monona, and Lake Wingra...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: The Holy Redeemer Catholic Church and School, 126 (120) West Johnson Street.

Date: 1894-05 ca.

Description: The Charles E. Brown house at the corner of South Carroll and Doty Streets.

Photograph

Old Mill Site

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: A tall smokestack stands beside the Yahara River where it flows out of Lake Mendota. Remnants of the foundation and supports of Farwell's Madison Mills are...

Date: 1931 

Description: Leyda's Service Station on the corner of Park Street and Olin Avenue. This service station was a member of the Wadham's Oil and Grease Company chain of Mil...

Photograph

Mack House

Date:  

Description: The Mack house, 110 East Johnson Street. Built by A.C. Isaac around 1870, it was later the residence of Professor John G.D. Mack and family, and was owned...

Date: 1971 ca.

Description: View of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin headquarters building from across Library Mall. A woman and child are sitting on the edge of the William...

Photograph

Richard Eid Home

Date: 1970-03-22 

Description: Exterior view of the Pliney H. Hawkins house at 1910 Regent Street, which is unique in that its windows are numerous and in various shapes and sizes. The h...

Photograph

Tony's Tavern

Date: 1960-03 

Description: Exterior front view of Tony Urso's Westside Palm Tavern located at 730-736 West Washington Avenue in the Greenbush neighborhood.

Date: 1888 ca.

Description: View of three men standing together on the board sidewalk outside Kreuz and Curtis Shoes, 21 S. Pinckney Street. The men are wearing suits, ties and hats,...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Governor's Conference Room, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, before restoration returned it to the original mahogany.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.