1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A crowd has gathered near a large cannon on the Sauk County courthouse square. There are drummers in military uniform and a group of youngsters in Scottish...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view over parking lot of House on the Rock. The property is heavily forested with trees, and bushes surround the parking area. There is a long, lo...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Trees broken and bowed under the weight of a heavy coating of ice stand in front of the Al. Ringling home. Limbs litter the snow-covered ground. Ice is on...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Photograph

Community House

Date: 1929 

Description: A pathway through tall grass, beaten by tire tracks, leading to the side porch of the community house.

Photograph

Dodge Automobile

Date: 1938 

Description: W. L. Tarnutzer stands beside a 1914 Dodge automobile parked on the Sauk County courthouse square. A newer model Dodge with a woman beside it is parked beh...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Downed wires and broken tree limbs mar the scene in front of the First Congregational Church at 131 6th Avenue.

Date: 1927 

Description: Exterior view of a two-story house with a front porch and an enclosed porch on the side. In the background is a barn or outbuilding.

Photograph

Stone Hop House

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Stone Hop House, built by Dr. Taylor on section 27, Northeast corner of the Town of Greenfield.

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Swimming in the lake with the Cliff House in background. Cliff House was a resort hotel built shortly after 1872, when Devil's Lake was reached by rail. Bo...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A window display at the Wisconsin Power and Light Company office, 116 Fourth Avenue, features a General Electric refrigerator as "The Gateway to Health" un...

Photograph

Sauk City Brewery

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved road of workers gathered in front of the brewery building, which has numerous chimneys, and one very tall chimney pipe. One of the men is...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.