1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a Catholic church and parsonage.

Date: 1964-08-23 ca.

Description: Patti O'Connell skips barefoot through a barnyard area. The barn is covered in ivy and is owned by the Lloyd Lehman property.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A colorized panoramic view of businesses and dwellings along the shore of Lake Michigan. A rock formation and a tree in the lower right.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Sturgeon Bay Public Library. Library opened in 1913 with a gift of $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie. To the left of the photograph is a po...

Photograph

Iceboating

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Three men work with an iceboat just offshore near Cottage Row Road. The sail and boom lie on the ice. There are boathouses and three windmills along the...

Photograph

Tennis Court

Date: 1912 after

Description: The tennis court at the Hotz Fish Creek compound is surrounded by a low stone wall and tall posts. Outside the wall at the far left corner of the lawn is a...

Photograph

Newport

Date: 1924-02 

Description: Three men pose on logs as a fourth walks toward them; there are axes and snowshoes on the ground. A large log barn, outhouse, and other buildings are in th...

Photograph

Farm Scene

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Cows stand in shallow water in a rolling pasture in what is now Peninsula State Park. There is an old log building in the background.

Photograph

Truck on the Ice

Date: 1925 

Description: Two men stand in the open back of a pickup truck. The truck, equipped with chains on the rear tires, has driven down a wooden ramp onto the ice. There is...

Photograph

Saloon Interior

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Interior of a saloon. A bartender stands behind the bar, and another man wearing a hat stands in front of the bar. The back of the carved wood bar is mirro...

Date: 1902-07-04 ca.

Description: Three boys holding fireworks stand near a tent or open-sided awning in a backyard near a house.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Sturgeon Bay Public Library. Library opened in 1913 with a gift of $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie. Reverse of cardboard backing reads: "...

Date: 1912 

Description: The Cana Island lighthouse and keeper's house with the rocky shore in the foreground.

Photograph

Egg Harbor

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from low hill of a man standing as he drives a team and wagon up Egg Harbor Road, traveling north. An automobile is parked in the foreground along the...

Photograph

Fish Creek Harbor

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Fish Creek from the east; the bluff rises on the left, the harbor is on the right. The cottage in the foreground with pergola and lattice...

Date: 1901-01-20 

Description: A large group seated around a woman playing a piano at night. Lamps light the scene while children play on the floor.

Photograph

Plum Island

Date: 1927 

Description: View of the Plum Island rear range lighthouse from the end of the pier. The brick house was home to the lighthouse keeper and the first and second assistan...

Date: 1912 

Description: View looking west from the Hotz property on Fish Creek Beach. The Thorp bathhouse is on the left, with the Welcker bathhouses beyond. There are houses an...

Date: 1924 

Description: View looking southeast at the corner of Main (Egg Harbor Road) and Spruce Streets. A neoclassical house (the Noble house) with front porch stands among mat...

Photograph

Stone Tower

Date: 1924 ca.

Description: The stone tower and garage at the Hotz compound. There is also a flag pole and rustic fence. A ladder was used to access the lookout atop the tower, with v...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.