1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Swimming Pool

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Children play in a large swimming pool with a stone changing house.

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the entrance to Devil's Lake State Park. There is an information center offering gas, food, and Blatz beer. Two storekeepers and a boy sit on the p...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Trinity Episcopal Church, a stone church at 111 Sixth Street.

Photograph

McFetridge House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: An imposing Tudor style stone and stucco house sits on a large wooded lot. There is a decorative fence and hedge along the driveway. The house was the home...

Date: 1954-10-24 

Description: Nellie Arms, aunt of Lewis Arms, holds a cat outdoors at the farm she shared with her husband Bernard.

Date: 1927 

Description: Exterior view of a two-story house with a front porch and an enclosed porch on the side. In the background is a barn or outbuilding.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Group of Civilian Conservation Corps workers standing at a table saw. One man, probably a supervisor, wears a hat and tie.

Photograph

Snyder House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of the home of George Snyder at 1219 Ash Street. It is a large wooden Queen Anne-style house with a columned front porch and a corner towe...

Photograph

Energee Gas Station

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View from street of a cement block building housing an Energee brand gas station and Ben Doty's Tire Service. Next door on the right is Mueller's Garage, a...

Date: 1906 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the stone church. There are four crosses, one on the bell tower, and three others at the corners of the roof. Wind...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Old Canfield Hop House, exterior of building.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A parade float decorated with bunting, a large, 48-star American flag, and a mounted elk's head is parked in front of the Baraboo Elks Lodge. The large st...

Photograph

The Trimpey Studios

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A view of the exterior of the Trimpey photographic studio and antique shop, 128 Fourth Street. The second story is set back, with a porch and flower boxes...

Photograph

Thuerer House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of a dog standing on front walk in front of the Dr. Chris L. Thuerer home, a large Four Square Style house which has large bay windows and...

Photograph

Wellington Hotel

Date: 1932 

Description: View from across street of the Wellingon Hotel and Cafe at 142 Fourth Avenue. A portion of the Al. Ringling Theatre is on the right; the Methodist Church i...

Date: 1930 

Description: A woman stands with two white dogs among the trees at Effinger Park. The park features benches, a pump, a lawn swing, a gazebo and three cabins.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: An unidentified young woman in old-fashioned dress holds flowers as she stands in front of entrance of the Trimpey house at 719 Oak Street.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The Du Bois and Kieffer Hudson dealership, and Philbrick Motors, a Willys dealership, which shared a building at 137 Third Avenue. There is a Phillips 66 g...

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.