1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Painting

Haying Time

Date:  date unknown

Description: A farm boy is riding the "hay-fork horse" as the farmer is loading hay into the barn during haying time in July.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Painting

Corn Shredding

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two farm workers in the righthand foreground toss a corn bundle up to the horsedrawn corn shredding machine to be shredded. To the left, a man loads feed c...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

Date: 1960 

Description: Cover for the 1960 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some vibrant purple flowers, with a lake in the background. The Wisconsi...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Date: 1972 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a red wing blackbird perching on cattail flowers in a body of water. The Wisco...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: A view of the Synagogue with a one-horse carriage in the foreground. H√∂lzlhuber occupied the position of organist and choirmaster for this congregation unt...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1973 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a river cascading over rocks, and some trees in the foreground. The Wisconsin...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

Woodcutting Bee

Date:  date unknown

Description: Neighbors work together in the final process of sawing firewood, as they saw poles into blocks. The man with the plaid shirt and suspenders is the owner of...

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...

Date: 1966 

Description: Cover for the 1966 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are two pink lady slipper orchids. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.