1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A crowd has gathered near a large cannon on the Sauk County courthouse square. There are drummers in military uniform and a group of youngsters in Scottish...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Al. Ringling Theatre's auditorium from rear of stage.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

Salem Church

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Salem Church of the Evanglical Association of North America. The original church was built in 1851 in the township of Honey Creek. This church is the third...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view over parking lot of House on the Rock. The property is heavily forested with trees, and bushes surround the parking area. There is a long, lo...

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Workers use a rail car mounted crane to load pilings onto a barge. Bluffs are visible in the distance.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View across street of the Al. Ringling Theater with a Studebaker pickup truck in the foreground. There is a hardware store on the right.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Trees broken and bowed under the weight of a heavy coating of ice stand in front of the Al. Ringling home. Limbs litter the snow-covered ground. Ice is on...

Date: 1894 ca.

Description: View of the German Methodist Church with George Bowers, a milkman, standing in the foreground.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original lighting dimmer board backstage at the Al. Ringling Theatre.

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1965 

Description: James Kirchstein, Wisconsin's Very Live Radio (WVLR) station chief engineer and originator, inside his recording company, Sara Sound Productions, Inc. WVL...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.