1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Photograph

Aldo Leopold

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Caption on negative sleeve: "Aldo Leopold and son Luna (standing); Mrs. Leopold and two daughters Nina and Estella (kneeling). 'Shack' in background." The...

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View west from the Cliff House at Devil's Lake.

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 1931 

Description: View down driveway of the entrance sign to the Evergreen Retreat. In the background an automobile is parked near buildings and a flag on a flagpole.

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A crowd has gathered near a large cannon on the Sauk County courthouse square. There are drummers in military uniform and a group of youngsters in Scottish...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

Dellwood Depot

Date: 1929 

Description: View down railroads tracks of train arriving at the Dellwood Depot. The movement of the train has caused multiple ghost images of the locomotive. A small g...

Photograph

Pet Food Display

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A night view of a pet food display in a store window. In addition to commercial signs advertising Ken-L-Ration and Bird-E-Ration, a handwritten sign advert...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view over parking lot of House on the Rock. The property is heavily forested with trees, and bushes surround the parking area. There is a long, lo...

Photograph

Man Mound

Date:  

Description: Elevated view of Man Mound outlined in chalk looking south. A road bisects the legs of the effigy mound. A small outbuilding can be seen at left in the for...

Photograph

The Wendt Farm

Date: 1963-10-05 ca.

Description: View down the long tree-lined driveway of the Wendt farmhouse. A decorative fence post with a wheel is at the entrance to the driveway.

Date: 1936-08-25 

Description: The "House of David" traveling baseball team advertisement for an upcoming game.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.