1 2
.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Lodde's mill and surroundings, west of Sauk City.

Date: 1913 

Description: View down middle of unpaved street of the central business district. A man is sitting in the driver's seat of an automobile along the left curb near a gara...

Photograph

New Power Dam

Date: 1913 

Description: Elevated view of a power dam on the Wisconsin River under construction. There is a rowboat in the foreground. On the opposite shoreline are trees and bluff...

Date: 1922 

Description: View down middle of street, showing the central business district. A drug store, restaurant and hotel are on the left. A garage, bank, bathhouse, bowling a...

Date:  

Description: A group portrait of Pearl Clough, Myrtle Stoddard, Fraua Wiswall, Zilla Wiswall, and Roy Stoddard (probably left to right). Three of the women are posed to...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: This was the first bridge built across the Wisconsin River, constructed about 1850, although it was not opened to traffic until 1852. It was torn down in 1...

Photograph

Wagon Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: View over water of wooden wagon bridge over the Wisconsin River. A farm and tree covered hills are on the opposite shoreline.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: View fro shoreline of toll bridge across the Wisconsin River. The writer of the postcard states: "This is the first bridge over the Wis. River. It's about...

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Photographer's jewelry store and clock repair shop with a watch-shaped sign in front. In the window are a clock, jewelry box, and a rack with paper goods,...

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1911 

Description: Newly constructed office building at construction site, with buggy in attached shed.

Photograph

The Empire House

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: A copy of a duo-tone print of the exterior of a three-story wooden classical revival building identified as the Empire House.

Date: 1911-10-12 

Description: Two men stand on the tracks of the newly constructed railroad extension to the construction site of the Prairie du Sac dam. Behind them, the tracks are su...

Photograph

Locks at Power Dam

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Looking across water and through the locks to a shoreline with a large hill in the background. A building is on the left, a wall and pilings are in the wat...

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Elevated view of bridge over Wisconsin River built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden bridge when it became condemned.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Bridge over the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1925 

Description: View from bluff of Crystal Lake and surrounding rolling hills. There is a dairy farm in the foreground at the bottom of the bluff. Cows are grazing in fiel...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: View across yard of house with large group of people gathered on porch posing for photograph.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.