1
.

Date: 1878 

Description: Engraving of Ocatagon House, the residence of Mrs. Eliza Richards. Several trees dot the landscape and other buildings can be seen in the distance at right...

Date: 1870 

Description: Although the first European settlement in Jefferson was in 1836, the Village of Jefferson was first incorporated as a city in 1878. Made eight years earlie...

Photograph

Lindon House

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Lindon House with two women standing on the front balcony.

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird’s-eye view map. "Looking north east." Indexed for points of interest. Shows homes, businesses, and the Bark and Rock River. Streets running west to ea...

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Octagon House with a horse and carriage posed in the foreground and several people around it and on its porches.

Date: 1879 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Lake Mills.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Waterloo.

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Richards' Octagon House with a horse and carriage and various people posed in front of it.

Date: 1872 after

Description: The main entrance and side of a campus building at Sacred Heart College. The structure appears to be made of several parts and additions, seen on the left...

Date: 1879 ca.

Description: View of main street in Lake Mills. On the left of the image are the Fargo and Ostrander store, Farmer's Cash Store and Drugs, and A.J. Foster Harness Shop....

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of Habheger's Bowling Park at the North Fourth Street bridge.

Date: 1870 

Description: Birds eye drawing of Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County, depicts street names and street layouts, houses, trees, Rock River and Bark River. A reference key at...

Date: 1872 

Description: Map shows townships and sections, landownership, roads, railroads, churches, schools, and cemeteries. Th map includes business directories of Watertown, Je...

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: View of Fort Howard taken from Elmore and Kelly's Elevator with the dam and river. A tugboat is in the river above the dam.

1

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.