1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1941 

Description: A detail of a Sanborn map showing areas at Langdon and Henry Streets, including Lake Lawn Place.

Poster

Fire Company

Date: 1857 ca.

Description: A lithographic portrait by Louis Kurz (1833-1921) of Madison Fire Engine Company #2 posed with a hand pumper and hose cart in front of the design of the ne...

Date: 1946-11-24 

Description: Built in 1855 and designed by Milwaukee architect James Douglas, the Grace Episcopal Church is the oldest remaining building on the Capitol Square. Vertic...

Date: 1921 

Description: Memorial Union from across Langdon Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Projected drawing of the Union at its completion. Included is a fe...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Looking down King Street with streetcar. A sign that reads, "Base Ball Today" is strung over the street and the Wisconsin State Capitol is in the backgroun...

Date: 1954-04 

Description: Rollohome mobile home as received from the factory and parked at Reynolds Transfer and Storage Co. on E. Main Street prior to being moved to the State Hist...

Photograph

Men's Dormitories

Date: 1947 

Description: Entrance to dormitory on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A tiled-roofed arched gateway with wrought iron gates linking the dormitory to another...

Date: 1928 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street of the house at 1838 Jenifer Street, and the garage behind it on the left, both built by Willard Droster.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view down State Street. The Orpheum Theater sign is visible, and in the distance is Lake Mendota.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View across Park Street of Science Hall at the base of Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin Madison campus.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of isthmus looking east toward Lake Mendota and the Wisconsin State Capitol, with horizon in the background.

Date: 1936 after

Description: Rennebohm Drugstore #12 at 2526 Monroe Street. Originally established by pharmacist Harry Consigny, this operation was purchased by Rennebohm in 1936.

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Main Street on the Capitol Square.

Date: 1967-06 

Description: Partial composite panoramic view of the north side of the 700 block of State Street. From the left is The State Historical Society of Wisconsin, Library Ma...

Date: 1929 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street of the house at 409 Walton Place. Built by Willard Droster.

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: Madison's old Central Fire Station (1881-1904), 10 South Webster Street, with two ladder wagons pictured in front of the station. The wagon on the left is...

Date:  

Description: Lewis Arms hugs Helen Berry playfully. He is wearing his Navy uniform.

Photograph

Spot Lunch Diner

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: A little girl rides a tricycle in front of the Spot Lunch diner, a former streetcar. The Spot Lunch was located at 640 Williamson Street and owned by John...

Photograph

Eagle Regiment Car

Date:  date unknown

Description: Dr. James A Jackson, Sr., who was a hospital steward for the 8th Wisconsin Regiment during the Civil War, riding in an open car during a GAR parade in Madi...

Date: 1930-06-17 

Description: New Texaco Service Station at night, at 2846 Atwood Avenue, owner Joseph M. Setzer.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.