1 2 3
.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: An advertisement for the A.H. Kayser lumberyard at 204 East Washington Avenue.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A lithograph of the Grace Episcopal Church with the Wisconsin State Capitol in the background.

Print

Keenan House

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: Keenan House at 28 East Gilman Street. The house was built in 1858 by Napoleon Bonaparte Van Slyke.

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: Illustration of the Van Slyke house at 510 North Carroll Street built by Napoleon Bonaparte Van Slyke in 1863.

Print

Pierce House

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: A sketch of the Pierce Residence at 424 North Pinckney Street. The house is sometimes referred to by the surnames of its other owners: McDonnell, Garnhardt...

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: The Kendall house at 104 East Gilman Street, built by J.E. Kendall in 1885.

Date: 1864 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Madison, with 12 vignettes.

Date: 1921 

Description: Memorial Union from across Langdon Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Projected drawing of the Union at its completion. Included is a fe...

Date: 1855-12-02 

Description: The Capital House bill of fare for Sunday, December 2, 1855. Proprietors were Nelson & Russell.

Date:  

Description: Ethelwyn Farm (The Teachers' Country Club), on Lake Monona.

Date: 1871 

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. From left to right: Ladies Hall, South Dormitory, Bascom Hall, and North Dormitory. Trees are on the hill, and a f...

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: A depiction of the Breese Stevens house at 401 North Carroll Street. Located in the Mansion Hill neighborhood, the house was built in 1863.

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

Date:  ca.

Description: An advertisement for "The Times" from the 1892-1893 Madison City Directory.

Date: 1884 

Description: A sign for Fauerbach's Brewery depicting a young woman and the brewery. It was Madison's first brewery in 1848 and run by Peter Sprecher until bought by Pe...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents, with a duotone view across Lake Mendota toward Bascom Hall, with other university buildings and...

Date: 1883 

Description: Tonyawatha Spring Hotel from a descriptive brochure. The hotel opened in 1879 and was destroyed by fire on July 31, 1895.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing letterhead. Fuller & Johnson was run by John A. Johnson and was one of Madison's largest employers.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Hall, built in 1870, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Below the image is the caption "Female College of Wisconsin."

Date: 1878-03-09 

Description: Illustration by N.A. Greenback of ice-skaters and iceboats featuring the new Poughkeepsie design of pivoting runners. A key at the bottom of the image iden...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.