1 2 3
.

Date: 1945-10 

Description: Photograph of painted portrait of Governor Walter Goodland.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date: 1910 

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Signing of the American Constitution", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the west wall of t...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: A watercolor of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. This panel displays the history of Wisconsin exploration, mos...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.