1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Map or Atlas

Plat of Newport, Wis.

Date: 1854 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on tracing cloth and shows lot and block numbers, streets, a park, and depots. Some lots are colored red or blue and some in...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: General store and post office. Hans Johsnon, Newport's founder, is shown on the porch. The post office was established on October 17, 1882, with Johnson...

Photograph

Turner-Rusch House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Turner-Rusch house. Frederick Jackson Turner's family lived here until 1882 when it was purchased by the Rusch Family. Julia Rusch was later (1950) pri...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Lodi School was a three-story brick Romanesque building with a small cupola, built in 1868. The school burned on March 28, 1878. It was rebuilt by December...

Date: 1874 

Description: Engraved view of Rood's Glen. A boy plays with a toy boat at bottom left while two men and a woman talk at bottom right. Two other figures can be seen in t...

Date: 1869 

Description: Increase A. Lapham in the foreground of a rock formation in Taylor's Glen with A. Holly seated on a rock in the background.

Date: 1895 

Description: Munger's Mill and dam, with men standing on and around the dam.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: The Neils Hallanger family is posed in their yard around a table piled with books. One lady is posed with a parasol and servant women sit on a sofa in the...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Sunlight shining through a cloud, illuminating the water below.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: This map shows plat of town, local streets, railroads, projected railroads, residential buildings, mills, and part of the Crawfish River. The map includes...

Map or Atlas

City of Portage

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows landownership, lot and block numbers, streets, a canal, bridges, Fort Winnebago, the Wisconsin River, and the Fox River. Relief is shown by...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Lodi School was a three-story brick Romanesque building with a small cupola, built in 1868. It burned on March 28, 1878. It was rebuilt by December 1878, b...

Photograph

Two Wilson Girls

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Studio double portrait of two “Wilson girls”.

Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye of Poynette

Date: 1882 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Poynette, with one vignette.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: The Neils Hallanger family is gathered in their yard around a table with books on it and a love seat behind. The frame house has a bay window and a stone f...

Photograph

Dr. Blake's Home

Date: 1877 

Description: View of Dr. Blake's (probably Samuel M.) house in Lodi or Prairie du Sac with a white picket fence in front of it. A man stands with a horse, Reaper Boy, i...

Photograph

Portage View

Date: 1856 

Description: View of Portage including St. Mary's Church.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: H.A. Prensor and J.A. Ottesen and their families leaving the home of R. Daniel Rickelsen in Lodi.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Church built in 1855 for First Presbyterian congregation. In May 1892, fire destroyed the interior. The congregation sold the damaged building to the Bapti...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.