1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1893 

Description: Award certificate presented to the Appleton Woolen Mills at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. The company won a bronze medal at the Fair for its paper makers...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: View of the Appleton Woolen Mills from the south, circa 1895. The three-story building in the right front was constructed in 1893. The long, two-story bui...

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Date: 1886 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Kaukauna.

Photograph

Reeve Residence

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of the Reeve residence on the corner of Lawrence and Onieda Streets.

Drawing

DuCharme House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The home and fur-trading post of Col. Dominique DuCharme. The portion of the structure on the left was built by DuCharme in 1791. The right portion was add...

Photograph

DuCharme House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Elevated view of two men in the DuCharme house, later known as the Grignon house.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Lawrence College Campus with snow on the ground.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The home and fur-trading post of Col. Dominique DuCharme. The portion of the structure on the left was built by DuCharme in 1791. The right portion was add...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View from a hillside of either a house or factory on the Fox River.

Date: 1870 before

Description: Sketch of the Fox River, a train, the mill, a warehouse, and a steamboat.

Photograph

Grignon Home

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Young man sitting on a large rock called the “Devil's Chair” in Rattlesnake Hollow.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A drawing of the DuCharme/Grignon house and fur-trading post as it appeared shortly before being razed in about 1892.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Date: 1852 ca.

Description: This map shows plat of three towns, sections, local streets, the Grand Chute Island, and part of the Fox River. The map includes 1 inset map: "Diagram of C...

Photograph

Van Niel House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: An inscription over the entrance of the Van Niel house.

Photograph

Zeeland Mills

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Zeeland Mills, built in 1862 by John Verstegen. The flour mill was 36' x 50', four stories and had "two runs of stone." It was still operating in 1911.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: The Grignon block house, "where the first Mass was said."

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.