1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Photograph

"Lawton's Folly"

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: "Lawton's Folly," the home of Joseph Lawton, built in 1851, between De Pere and Ft. Howard. Joseph Lawton came from Pennsylvannia. This building no longe...

Photograph

Inside Fort Howard

Date: 1853 after

Description: Stereograph of the interior of Fort Howard after its decommissioning in 1853.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Albert Weise's residence, with wooden sidewalk, and two kids standing on the front porch posing for the photographer.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Second Long Tail Point lighthouse, built in 1859.

Date: 1898 after

Description: A view of Boyle Hall at St. Norbert College, lined by a row of shrubbery. The ground floor consists of stone while the upper floor is made of brick. A st...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Eleazer William's log cabin, five miles south of De Pere, overlooking the parids of the Little Bakalin on the Fox River.

Date: 1842 

Description: A Menominee village as depicted by Francois, Comte de Castelnau, a French naturalist and diplomat who visited the Green Bay area about 1838. The detailed,...

Date: 1823 ca.

Description: First church in Green Bay.

Date: 1816 ca.

Description: This is a photostat copy of a manuscript map in the National Archives showing a plan of Fort Howard and a view of its north side. Originally surveyed by Wi...

Photograph

Man Milking Cow

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: A man sits on a stool and milks a cow outdoors near a fence. Another cow investigates the camera lens in the foreground.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Two children are stand in front of Governor Doty's house, the first brick house built in Wisconsin.

Date: 1874 

Description: This map shows streets, buildings, railroads, the Fox River, the East River, and part of Green Bay.

Map or Atlas

A Plat of DePere

Date: 1850 

Description: This photocopied map shows lot and block numbers, selected buildings, street names and state lock located on the Fox River. Includes a description of Deper...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse. Built in 1847-1848 and abandoned in 1859 when a new frame lighthouse was built nearby.

Date: 1898 after

Description: A view of the facade and side of the brick gymnasium at St. Norbert College. Stone is used for the basement floor and in decorative elements. This buildi...

Date: 1844 ca.

Description: This map of Township number 24 North, Range 21 East is pen and ink on paper. The map also shows part of Township Number 23 North, Range Number 21 East. The...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Daniel H. and Joshua Whitney's residence located at 402 Main Street at the intersection of Monroe Avenue. The house was torn down in 1897.

Photograph

Doty Home

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Doty home with trees in the yard.

Date: 1821 

Description: Plan of the settlement of Green Bay.

Photograph

Cadle Home

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Cadle Home, an Episcopal Home for aged people. The Cadle Home was named for Reverend Cadle who went to Green Bay in 1829 as the first local...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.