1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Photograph

Men with Oxen

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Sod-breaking plow with five yoke of oxen.

Photograph

Court Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view looking down Court Street in Janesville toward the west.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the town with All Souls Church in the bottom right corner.

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Right side view of Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 632.

Date: 1836 ca.

Description: This map is ink on tracing paper and shows block numbers, streets, lot numbers of block no. 6, and a public square in Newburgh, a paper city (a city planne...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: The Kimball and Lowell Hardware Store located on the corner of Franklin and Milwaukee Streets.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: This map of Beloit shows labeled wards, plat of town, roads, railroads, the Rock River, city boundaries, and land ownership by name. The back of the map is...

Date: 1890-06-18 ca.

Description: Group portrait outdoors of the reunion of Company F, 16th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, held at the farm of George W. Dibble in Rock County. Back row, left...

Date: 1885 

Description: Partial removal of railroad bridge over Rock River. A train is on a section not being removed in order to transport men and materials.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Map showing a plat of the city, land ownership by name, wards by number, local streets, buildings, fair grounds, nurseries, and part of Rock River. The map...

Map or Atlas

Edgerton, Wisconsin

Date: 1871 

Description: Like many southeastern Wisconsin villages, Edgerton was settled by Yankee immigrants in the 1830s. Though this view gives no indication of it, by 1871 toba...

Map or Atlas

City Map of Janesville

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows landownership and acreages, lot and block numbers, roads and railroads, marshes, schools, churches, mills, rural buildings, and quarries. Re...

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Beloit College Chapel with congregation posed outside.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Pauline pottery building. Standing in front are the potters who work there.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.