1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1890 

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Music recital room at the State School for the Blind with seven rows of seating, a piano and cello. Adorning the front wall is the Latin phrase "Lux Oritur...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: This is identified as the Jacob Larsen farm, but pictured are Ole Ashburn and his second wife seated in the yard with a table between them. The frame house...

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the town, land owners by name, local streets, railroads, churches, and part of the Rock River. The map is also indexed by church d...

Photograph

Dodge Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view over river of Dodge Street in Janesville looking west.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Interior of the Rock Prairie Lutheran Church in Luther Valley. Note the model of the sailing ship hanging from the ceiling of the nave, a traditional pract...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the busy streets of Court and Milwaukee. Three prominent buildings in view are: Court Street Methodist Church on the far left (b. 1868), w...

Date: 1853 

Description: Map covers area between the cities of Janesville and Kenosha in Rock, Walworth, and Kenosha counties for railroad routes. Lakes and counties are labelled....

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind.

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: Men and boys stand in front of a wagon shop, probably in Edgerton, on Fulton Street. Wagons, wheels, yokes and farm implements surround them. A ramp behind...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: "Mineral spring pavilion with visitors taking the waters." Seven adults, including a man in a top hat, five children and a woman are posed in a gazebo buil...

Map or Atlas

Clinton, Wisconsin

Date: 1871 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Clinton.

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Twenty-one children are seated on wooden benches and the ground in front of a square frame house with a hip roof and cupola. The Reverend Erik Jensen (1841...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The State Institute for the Blind. A school free for blind children of Wisconsin and attended by Louisa May Alcott.

Map or Atlas

City Map of Beloit

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows land ownership by name, local streets, railroads, parks, college grounds, schools, cemeteries, and part of Rock River. The upper left margin...

Date: 1898-08 

Description: The stables at the Milton House. The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Jo...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The Janesville City Hospital.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.