1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Janesville from the High School building.

Date: 1853 

Description: Map covers area between the cities of Janesville and Kenosha in Rock, Walworth, and Kenosha counties for railroad routes. Lakes and counties are labelled....

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1868 

Description: George W. Hall, Jr., noted Evansville, Wisconsin, circus performer, as a young boy, holding a snake and wearing copper-toed boots.

Date: 1880 

Description: Exterior view of the front of the Rock County Poor House. The three-story house is set on a hill with broken wood pieces in the foreground.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Exterior view in winter of the Wisconsin School for the Blind. In the foreground is a gateway and fence.

Map or Atlas

Milton, Wisconsin

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Milton.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the busy streets of Court and Milwaukee. Three prominent buildings in view are: Court Street Methodist Church on the far left (b. 1868), w...

Photograph

Fulton Street

Date: 1891 ca.

Description: View from corner of storefronts. Horse-drawn vehicles and pedestrians are in the street. There is a water fountain with a cup in the foreground.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the town, land owners by name, local streets, railroads, churches, and part of the Rock River. The map is also indexed by church d...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View of the Koshkonong Hotel (later the Lakehouse Inn), a stone and brick hotel with a parapet roof on Maple Beach Road. People are in front of the inn. Ha...

Photograph

Railroad Wreck

Date: 1877 before

Description: Railroad wreck on the W.U. Road, Beloit, Wisconsin.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Interior of the State School for the Blind, perhaps a study or room for recreation. Included in the room are several tables with small models, a piano, and...

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Beloit College Chapel with congregation posed outside.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Looking northwest from the Methodist Episcopal Church, Main Street, with trolley track running down the center of the street.

Date: 1877 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Janesville on the Rock River.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1885 

Description: Partial removal of railroad bridge over Rock River. A train is on a section not being removed in order to transport men and materials.

Date: 1873 

Description: Atlas map of Janesville township.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.