1 2 3
.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The Eau Claire Lumber Company, later the Cutter shoe factory. It was still standing in 1931.

Date: 1896 

Description: Interior view of the Eau Claire Public Library. Tables and bookshelves in the public library reading room.

Date: 1891 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Third Ward, East Side, or "Bartlett School." This is probably the earliest picture in existence and is copied form the margin of "an old map." This first...

Date: 1895 

Description: A herd of Shorthorn dairy cattle stand together in a pen on the farm of Chas. Scott six miles from Augusta. A large frame barn towers behind them. A man st...

Photograph

Ingram Residence

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Ingram residence in winter, home of the wealthy lumberman O.H. Ingram.

Photograph

Deer Hunters' Camp

Date: 1885 

Description: Deer hunters' camp in Northern Wisconsin. Image includes six hunters and their dogs posed in front of their cabin with hanging deer carcasses.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Original part built in 1856, where the present Eau Claire House stands. It was later moved to another site and eventually torn down to make room for the Y....

Photograph

Megget Home

Date: 1888 ca.

Description: View of Tenement Block and Megget Home (built before 1870), River Street. The buildings where the A&P Market stands.

Photograph

Peabody House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Front view of the inn. Several men and women either stand or sit on the second floor porch, and several stand under the second floor porch at ground level...

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Third Ward, East Side, or Barlett School, after additions had been put on in the rear. The Bartlett after whom the school building was named was Willi...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Front entry way to the "Washington" school, on the northwest corner of Fifth Avenue and Broadway.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Presbyterian Church, built in 1857, the first church building in Eau Claire. From a lithograph in the margin of an early map.

Photograph

Augusta Steers

Date: 1895 

Description: Steers, possibly a shorthorn variety, graze on a fenced-in pasture on the farm of Chas. Silkworth six miles from Augusta. Trees and a large house stand on...

Photograph

Koll Schoolhouse

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Koll schoolhouse in Truax Prairie.

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Methodist church on Barstow Street, built during the 1860's.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1865 after

Description: The first Eau Claire House built in 1856. It burned down in 1875.

Photograph

Ingram Block

Date: 1896 

Description: Corner view of the Ingram block, which contained the public library.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.