1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Henry Hooker Family

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: The Henry Hooker family in front of a picket fence before their stone house which has a bird cage and a picture hanging on its front porch. In the 1870 ce...

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Family in yard with carriage with large stone house behind that has shutters closed. The house was built in 1845. Harmon J. Hill was the first supervisor o...

Date: 1885-08 

Description: Pencil on paper; center image of church surrounded by six miniature drawings including one residence, one mill, one horse and carriage from rear, and three...

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: The William Bullock family is posed before a stone upright and wing house with carpenter's lace brackets and trim on its porch.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Family seated on porch steps with close view of stone house and girl in window; wood basement opening on side of porch. Front Row: Mr. and Mrs. Michael Joh...

Date: 1885-08-26 

Description: Pencil on paper; Bascom Hall with domed cupola and weather vane at left of center, with other large building to right with four chimneys and hipped roof....

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: South Wisconsin Avenue and West Main Street. Lake Monona is in the background and the Lucius Fairchild and David Atwood houses are at the upper left. The r...

Date: 1836 

Description: Map shows rivers, creeks, roads, trails, mills, and town of Madison. Includes significant manuscript annotations; Sheet 1 is watercolor on lithographed ma...

Date: 1886-09 

Description: This map shows buildings with dimensions, as well as lot and block corners. Ink on tracing cloth. Oriented with north to the lower right.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: First block of West Main Street. A portion of South Hamilton Street is at the right of the image. The original railroad causeway is at the upper right.

Date: 1854 ca.

Description: Shows street grid, sections in adjacent townships, routes of railroads and projected railroads, post offices, and creeks. Table of references identifies m...

Date: 1887 

Description: Shows pipes of various sizes, hydrants with hydrant pressure, valves, wells, and projected lines.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The Michael Johnson Engesether family is seen from across a field standing at the side of a stone house with a frame addition. The house has a small front...

Map or Atlas

Map of Dane County

Date: 1855 

Description: Map of Dane County.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: East Blue Mounds Lutheran Church, built in 1868. The church was formerly the Norsk Evangelisk Lutheranisk Kirke.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: John Parman's “Blacksmith, Wagon & Carriage” shop, with workmen and others posed with vehicles in front.

Date: 1855-12-02 

Description: The Capital House bill of fare for Sunday, December 2, 1855. Proprietors were Nelson & Russell.

Date: 1896 

Description: View through open doorway, looking out towards Mrs. Lucius Fairchild and her granddaughter, Frances Bull, standing on a sidewalk. Original caption reads, "...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: John Parman's Blacksmith, Wagon & Carriage Shop. A large group of men, including workers in leather aprons, stand with carriages and wagon wheels outside...

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.