1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and color on paper and mounted on cloth. The map shows lot and block numbers, streets, a railroad, and the Kickapoo River. Some lots are c...

Date: 1859 

Description: Steam-powered car designed to run on ice across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The LADY FRANKLIN made one successful trip across, but wa...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of a gazebo, porch, and benches on the campus of St. Mary Academy. The lawn overlooks the Iowa Bluffs near the Mississippi River.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery. Photograph made before restoration by the United States Government. Soldiers' families were also buried in the cemetery.

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

Date: 1880 after

Description: A view of Sacred Heart College and the surrounding landscape. Each dormer window has a cross on its peak and the center of the building has a bell tower.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Photograph

Weighing Guests

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Group of people on the front porch, weighing the guests. A visit was considered successful if the guests weighed more when they left.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1878 

Description: The bottom right corner of a map of Crawford County. This portion of the map includes town directories and illustrations of the Court House in Prairie Du C...

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.