1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1855 

Description: This 1855 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, cities, villages, and post offices, roads, and lakes and streams.

Date: 1846 ca.

Description: This plat map, which features the very early spelling of Wisconsin as "Wiskonsin", was created sometime between 1846 and 1854 and shows a canal and dam on...

Painting

Menasha Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "....The upper Grand Chute was the last of the 'improvements' paintings signed by Brookes and Stevenson. Yet there were two more vital links in the Fox Riv...

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Line drawing of first paper mill in Neenah, Wisconsin, built in 1865-66 and called the Neenah Paper Mill; it was run by a stock copany composed of Nathan C...

Date: 1879 ca.

Description: The Reliance Flooring Mill. The mill building was physically moved by water by Capt. Sam Neff from Winnconne to Oshkosh, Wis. July 4, 1879.

Date: 1888 ca.

Description: Three men stand under the iconic mortar and pestle and striped awnings of E.A. Horn's Drugstore.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of the south side of Main Street.

Date: 1875 

Description: Bird's-eye map after a fire destroyed a large area of the town. In memory of the Great Conflagration on April 28th, 1875. Taken from the North-Side.

Photograph

Second Ward School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Second Ward School. Newly planted trees in yard surrounding school.

Date: 1873 

Description: This 1873 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, landownership and acreages, roads, r...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Main Street viewed from the bridge. The Revere House is in the right foreground.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Locomotive No. 75. Class H. Built 1850 by Schnectady Locomotive Works. Men are posed on and around the locomotive.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The corner of Main Street and Tayco Street looking south towards Doty Island. The slanting timbers controlled the primitive draw bridge across the canal.

Photograph

Morgan House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Morgan home, residence of John R. Morgan.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Front view of the Northern Hospital for the Insane. A horse-drawn carriage is outside the entrance.

Date: 1891 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Photograph

Third Ward School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Third Ward School.

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1883 

Description: Oshkosh Grand Opera House. The building was started in 1882 and finished in the following year at a cost of $36,000. It measures 60 x 120 feet. This photog...

Print

Ferry Street

Date: 1856 

Description: View from bridge on river. Storefronts and homes line the road that stretches to the horizon.

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.