1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1863 

Description: "Colonel B.J. Sweet's 21st Wisconsin Volunteer Regiments" Lithograph of the 21st Regiment Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, on Parade at Camp Bragg (now Menomi...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Photograph

Industry

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of the flour mill district. The Cedar Street Bridge is in the background, and the mills are, right to left going back, the Winnebago Flour...

Date: 1876 

Description: This map is of the towns of Neenah and Menasha and shows exisiting and proposed canals. Water depths shown by soundings. Little Butte des Morts Lake, Doty...

Map or Atlas

Menasha, Wis.

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Menasha.

Photograph

Flour Mill District

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of flour mill district. The Walnut Street bridge is in the background and the mill to the right is the Atlantic Mills (Neenah Stone Mills in 18...

Photograph

City Square

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view of City Square, where the Bank of Menasha is seen on the corner and Little Lake Butte des Mortes is in the distance.

Date: 1879 ca.

Description: The Reliance Flooring Mill. The mill building was physically moved by water by Capt. Sam Neff from Winnconne to Oshkosh, Wis. July 4, 1879.

Date: 1891 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Date: 1875-06 

Description: These manuscript drawings show the profile of the Neenah Dam, between Lake Winnebago and Little Lake Butte des Morts on the Fox River in Winnebago County,...

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1883 

Description: Oshkosh Grand Opera House. The building was started in 1882 and finished in the following year at a cost of $36,000. It measures 60 x 120 feet. This photog...

Photograph

Cedar Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Cedar Street, north side.

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Date: 1858-01-01 

Description: Printed invitation to a New Year's Ball given at Weeden's Hotel in Neenah with music provided by Shattuck's Cotillion Band. The invitation is printed on e...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mills with switcher engines in front of buildings. The engines are (left to right) Chicago and Northwestern Railway No. 124, Wi...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Mound known as the Hill of the Dead.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...

Date: 1875 

Description: This map, from G.K. Warren's 1876 Report on the transportation route along the Wisconsin and Fox rivers in the State of Wisconsin between the Mississippi R...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.