1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1846 ca.

Description: This plat map, which features the very early spelling of Wisconsin as "Wiskonsin", was created sometime between 1846 and 1854 and shows a canal and dam on...

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: This map shows a line of proposed construction for defending the north side of the canal against inundation from the Wisconsin River and location of Fort W...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mills with switcher engines in front of buildings. The engines are (left to right) Chicago and Northwestern Railway No. 124, Wi...

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Front view of the Northern Hospital for the Insane. A horse-drawn carriage is outside the entrance.

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Photograph

First Ward School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Exterior of the First Ward School.

Photograph

Babcock House

Date: 1883 

Description: Exterior view of the Babcock home, a Queen Ann style structure at 537 E. Wisconsin Avenue. People, presumably the Babcock family, are standing in front of...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of Main Street bridge, looking toward a section of the city known locally as Brooklyn.

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Line drawing of first paper mill in Neenah, Wisconsin, built in 1865-66 and called the Neenah Paper Mill; it was run by a stock copany composed of Nathan C...

Date: 1897 

Description: This 1897 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, landownership and acreages, rural re...

Photograph

Fox River

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View along the Fox River.

Date: 1877-06 ca.

Description: The congregation of the Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church during the Eastern District Norwegian Synod which ran from May 31-June 6, 1877. Winnebago Cou...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows city wards, streets, block and lot numbers, cemeteries, buildings, landownership, forests, railroads, a race course, quarries, and orchards....

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: Lithographic view of Four Legs Village at the outlet of Lake Winnebago. There are is a person in a canoe on the river and a large tree in the foreground. S...

Photograph

Osborn House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the original house on the Osborn homestead, built in 1844 when J.H. Osborn moved to Oshkosh permanently from New York City.

Date: 1875 

Description: Bird's-eye map after a fire destroyed a large area of the town. In memory of the Great Conflagration on April 28th, 1875. Taken from the North-Side.

Photograph

Fox River

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of the Fox River.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: A composite portrait of the Oshkosh baseball team, made up of baseball card images of each player and a central image of manager Frank G. Seele wearing a t...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview of a sawmill area in the foreground; near the water in the foreground is Lake Winnebago. The square building with the "cupola" was the Revere Ho...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.