1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 

Description: Illustration of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1825-09 

Description: Hand-colored lithograph depicting the 1825 Treaty at Prairie du Chien, with Fort Crawford seen in the background. This treaty negotiated between Governor W...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

Date: 1898 

Description: Mrs. Nina Dousman with children and house party guests in the dining room at Villa Louis.

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.