1 2 3 4 5

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...


Vedder House

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The Cornelia Vedder house. Described as the house "where George Winnie, a conductor on the Milwaukee and Prairie du Chien Railroad, stayed at the end of hi...


Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, the Mississippi River, Fort Crawford, depot ground, and a graveyard. An old fort location is outlined in re...

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...


Villa Louis Porch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: The Dousman family and friends on the east porch of Villa Louis.


Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This early 19th century manuscript map of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, shows sections, landownership and acreages, roads, and ferries in the towns of Bridg...

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Map or Atlas

Prairie du Chien

Date: 1838 

Description: This map is a development plat that shows street names, numbered blocks and lots, and small farm lot owners. Included on the right of the map is a large a...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Black Hawk Avenue.

Date: 1851-08-11 

Description: Photograph of the death notice of Daniel G. Fenton, a Judge of the County Court, published by the Members of the Bar of Crawford County.


Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: