1 2 3
.

Date: 1872 

Description: Birds-eye drawing of Eau Claire depicts street names and street locations, houses, trees, bridges, piers, canals, railroads, and the Chippewa and Eau Clair...

Date: 1891 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: Shows city limits, railroads, mills, schools, cemeteries, dams, parks, lumber yards, log canals, log reservoir, Chippewa River, Eau Claire River, and Half...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The Eau Claire Lumber Company, later the Cutter shoe factory. It was still standing in 1931.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Original part built in 1856, where the present Eau Claire House stands. It was later moved to another site and eventually torn down to make room for the Y....

Date: 1881-07-28 ca.

Description: A group of men dressed in uniform gather near a fence in a shaded encampment. Several tents are visible in the background. Caption on back of stereoview re...

Photograph

Peabody House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Front view of the inn. Several men and women either stand or sit on the second floor porch, and several stand under the second floor porch at ground level...

Photograph

Hotel Dining Room

Date: 1890 

Description: Hotel dining room, probably at the Galloway House.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished brick building.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1865 after

Description: The first Eau Claire House built in 1856. It burned down in 1875.

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Third Ward, East Side, or Barlett School, after additions had been put on in the rear. The Bartlett after whom the school building was named was Willi...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Three or four-story brick building, with a "Drug Book Store" sign at the front, and a winding stair at the side. A man stands on the front sidewalk, and t...

Photograph

Allen's Hall

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of a two-story wood-sided building, with a sidewalk next to the street.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Walters Brewery with adjacent buildings.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Ingram and Pinkum sawmill (left), Ingram and Kennedy mill (right), later incorporated as the Empire Lumber Co. In between the mills is a rafting shed. View...

Date: 1877 

Description: Relief shown by hachures. Shows land ownership by name, wards, railroads, mills, dams, city limits, Chippewa River, and Half Moon Lake. Includes index of m...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished building with a group of men standing on the rubble.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse, with bell tower. The building was built about 1870. The roof and lower part have since been changed.

Date: 1870 

Description: View of the town and Chippewa river, with a steamboat in the center of the image. A smaller boat is next to the steamboat, with a man standing either in t...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.