1 2 3
.

Photograph

Post Office

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Large building facing the front right corner. There is a small "Post Office" sign on the right side of the building, and a larger "FURNITURE" sign to the...

Date: 1872 

Description: Birds-eye drawing of Eau Claire depicts street names and street locations, houses, trees, bridges, piers, canals, railroads, and the Chippewa and Eau Clair...

Date: 1891 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Presbyterian Church, built in 1857, the first church building in Eau Claire. From a lithograph in the margin of an early map.

Map or Atlas

Map of Eau Claire

Date: 1875 

Description: Shows land ownership by name, local streets, buildings, cemeteries, Chippewa River, and Half Moon Lake. Includes 1 inset map of Eau Claire. Also includes c...

Photograph

Ingram Block

Date: 1896 

Description: Corner view of the Ingram block, which contained the public library.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Ingram and Pinkum sawmill (left), Ingram and Kennedy mill (right), later incorporated as the Empire Lumber Co. In between the mills is a rafting shed. View...

Date: 1884 

Description: Stereograph view , with the Meggett building on the right hand side, and another building along the left hand side. A church's steeple is visible behind t...

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Bookshelves and desks within the Eau Claire Public Library Reading Room.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The sawmill of Gilbert E. Porter and Delos R. Moon was located on the Chippewa River approximately three miles southwest of the city of Eau Claire. In 1873...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The Eau Claire Lumber Company, later the Cutter shoe factory. It was still standing in 1931.

Photograph

Hotel Dining Room

Date: 1890 

Description: Hotel dining room, probably at the Galloway House.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of a Baptist church, two small trees, and a man standing in front of the church, wearing a top hat. Baptist Church, 4th Avenue and Niagara Street, bui...

Photograph

Allen's Hall

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of a two-story wood-sided building, with a sidewalk next to the street.

Date: 1896 

Description: Interior view of the Eau Claire Public Library. Tables and bookshelves in the public library reading room.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse, with bell tower. The building was built about 1870. The roof and lower part have since been changed.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Front entry way to the "Washington" school, on the northwest corner of Fifth Avenue and Broadway.

Photograph

Ingram Residence

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Ingram residence in winter, home of the wealthy lumberman O.H. Ingram.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse. Roof and lower part have since been changed.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.