1 2 3
.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The sawmill of Gilbert E. Porter and Delos R. Moon was located on the Chippewa River approximately three miles southwest of the city of Eau Claire. In 1873...

Photograph

Ingram Block

Date: 1896 

Description: Corner view of the Ingram block, which contained the public library.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished brick building.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Bookshelves and desks within the Eau Claire Public Library Reading Room.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished building with a group of men standing on the rubble.

Date: 1896 

Description: Interior view of the Eau Claire Public Library. Tables and bookshelves in the public library reading room.

Photograph

Meggett Residence

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Meggett residence at the corner of Jones and River Streets.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of a Baptist church, two small trees, and a man standing in front of the church, wearing a top hat. Baptist Church, 4th Avenue and Niagara Street, bui...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Ingram and Pinkum sawmill (left), Ingram and Kennedy mill (right), later incorporated as the Empire Lumber Co. In between the mills is a rafting shed. View...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Three or four-story brick building, with a "Drug Book Store" sign at the front, and a winding stair at the side. A man stands on the front sidewalk, and t...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of the the many buildings in Eau Claire's lower east side.

Date: 1872 

Description: Birds-eye drawing of Eau Claire depicts street names and street locations, houses, trees, bridges, piers, canals, railroads, and the Chippewa and Eau Clair...

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Original part built in 1856, where the present Eau Claire House stands. It was later moved to another site and eventually torn down to make room for the Y....

Date: 1866 after

Description: View from shoreline of the steamship "Chippewa," built by Captain E.E. Heerman at La Crosse in 1866. Used mainly between Eau Claire and Read's Landing, Min...

Date: 1880 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Front entry to the Wesleyan Seminary. It was built in the early 1860's on the site of the present High School building.

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Third Ward, East Side, or Barlett School, after additions had been put on in the rear. The Bartlett after whom the school building was named was Willi...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Water street, before the fire of the 1880's, from the corner of Fifth avenue, looking east with storefronts and fire engine house.

Photograph

View of Eau Claire

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Eau Claire.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Presbyterian Church, built in 1857, the first church building in Eau Claire. From a lithograph in the margin of an early map.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.