1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Lemonweir River flour mill built in 1852 and torn down in 1943. Mill and site were purchased in 1926 by the Wisconsin Power and Light Company for a power p...

Date: 1887-09 

Description: A group of Civil War veterans and their families pose in front of the Milwaukee armory building at the reunion of The Iron Brigade.

Date: 1880 

Description: Exterior view of the front of the Rock County Poor House. The three-story house is set on a hill with broken wood pieces in the foreground.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The schooner "S.M. Stephenson" was built in Manitowoc in 1880, weighing 511 gross tons. Its owner was A. Bigelow.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Chippewa Falls with a park and river in the foreground.

Date: 1888 

Description: Cover of an advertising catalog for grass cutting machinery manufactured by William Deering and Company. Features a color illustration of children riding a...

Date: 1886 

Description: Stereograph of the First Unitarian Church, which stood on Wisconsin Avenue near the Post Office.

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Date: 1888 

Description: Engraving of the factory of William Deering and Company with inset illustrations of men operating a horse-drawn grain binder and mower.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The foundry of the E.P. Allis Works.

Date: 1880 

Description: Holiday card. In the center are 4 choir girls singing, holding hymnals, and one girl playing the violin. They are all wearing white robes. In the backgroun...

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Stereograph of a raftsman, Jim Aljoe, standing with his elbow propped on his knee holding the end of the rudder. A second man is sitting on the raft in the...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Full-length studio portrait of an unidentified European American woman posed standing in front of a painted backdrop in the opening of a gate on a fence. S...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: E.P. Allis & Co's Reliance Works: steam cranes and ovens.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: This map of the southern part of La Crosse is pen on cloth and shows proposed streets crossing the lands of Jane Usher and the Green Bay, Winona and St. Pa...

Photograph

Plankinton House

Date: 1880 before

Description: Stereograph. The Plankinton House is in the near foreground across the street. A sign for Little Dry Goods, 105, is on the left, above a horse-drawn cart.

Date: 1888 

Description: Exterior view of St. Catherine's Academy.

Date: 1885 

Description: A die cut holiday card that has moving parts. When the string at the bottom is pulled, pictures of children appear and disappear. The image is of a decorat...

Print

The Slide

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Engraving for "Peterson's Magazine" of women in maids' uniforms sliding down an icy path in the snow.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: Front and back cover of brochure. Front cover includes an illustration of a man using an agricultural implement in a field drawn by two horses, and lists o...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.