1 2 3
.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Old Tower and Long Tail Point Lighthouse.

Photograph

De Pere High School

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: High school, built in 1857 and destroyed by fire in 1899.

Date: 1898 after

Description: A view of Boyle Hall at St. Norbert College, lined by a row of shrubbery. The ground floor consists of stone while the upper floor is made of brick. A st...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Main Street, looking east at storefronts. Booths with flags and bunting are set up on the sidewalk.

Photograph

Baker House

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Winter view of the Baker house, the residence of James S. Baker.

Date: 1898 after

Description: A view of the facade and side of the brick gymnasium at St. Norbert College. Stone is used for the basement floor and in decorative elements. This buildi...

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Main Street on the corner of Washington Street shops.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Second Long Tail Point lighthouse, built in 1859.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the first Brown County Courthouse.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Daniel H. and Joshua Whitney's residence located at 402 Main Street at the intersection of Monroe Avenue. The house was torn down in 1897.

Date: 1896 

Description: View of W.E. Duncan's coal docks.

Photograph

Surgeons' Quarters

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Front view of the Fort Howard surgeons' quarters.

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: De Pere lock on the Fox River with a construction crew at work. This is the only wooden lock on the Fox River.

Photograph

Residential Street

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Residential street, North Broadway at Cass Street.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse. Built in 1847-1848 and abandoned in 1859 when a new frame lighthouse was built nearby.

Photograph

Baird House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the H.S. Baird house.

Date: 1896 

Description: Railroad employees pose with locomotive engine no. 925 of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway. The engine has a long pilot, a large oil headlight, sm...

Photograph

Allouez Monument

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Allouez Monument, near the site of St. Francis Xavier mission which was established by Father Claude Allouez at De Pere Rapids in the winter of 1671-72. Er...

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Jefferson Street south from Doty Street with trees lining the street.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse, built in 1859.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.