1 2
.

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Main Street on the corner of Washington Street shops.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: John Meade's residence. The family is standing on the front porch for a group portrait, while an individual pushes a bicycle.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Daniel H. and Joshua Whitney's residence located at 402 Main Street at the intersection of Monroe Avenue. The house was torn down in 1897.

Date: 1896 

Description: Railroad employees pose with locomotive engine no. 925 of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway. The engine has a long pilot, a large oil headlight, sm...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse, built in 1859.

Photograph

Doty Office

Date: 1898 

Description: View of the office building occupied by James Duane Doty during the 1820s when he was additional judge for the U.S. Circuit Court of Michigan Territory. T...

Photograph

John Cotton House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: John Cotton house visible on top of a hill.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Second Long Tail Point lighthouse, built in 1859.

Date: 1893 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Green Bay and Fort Howard, looking south. Ninety-four locations identified below image; extends to Grignon Street at top left corner, Wi...

Date: 1890 

Description: Two cyclists ride their bicycles past curious on-lookers.

Photograph

Cotton Residence

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the Judge Stephen R. Cotton residence. The Cotton residence was located at the corner of Jefferson and Doty Streets.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the first Brown County Courthouse.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: The first Long Tail Point Lighthouse.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Jefferson Street south from Doty Street with trees lining the street.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: View of the Fort Howard hospital.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Main Street, looking east at storefronts. Booths with flags and bunting are set up on the sidewalk.

Photograph

Baird House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the H.S. Baird house.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse. Built in 1847-1848 and abandoned in 1859 when a new frame lighthouse was built nearby.

Photograph

Surgeons' Quarters

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Front view of the Fort Howard surgeons' quarters.

Date: 1896 

Description: View of W.E. Duncan's coal docks.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.