1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1923 

Description: Dr. Otto Schmidt (1863-1935), second from right, poses behind a captain's chair with three other officials of the Inland Lakes Yachting Association (ILYA)...

Photograph

Ansorge House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View across front lawn of family posed in yard of house located on S. 3rd Street. Otto Ansorge leans on the bannister of his front porch. An unidentified w...

Photograph

Oshkosh Factories

Date: 1962 

Description: Factories on Custer Avenue. On the left is the Waite Carpet Co., and in the background is the CKL Machinery Co.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Public Library, established in 1882, was erected at a cost of $30,000, of which Andrew Carnegie contributed $12,500. The balance was raised by public subsc...

Date: 1934-10-20 

Description: Photograph submitted to the state of Wisconsin for trademark registration. Group portrait of the six men in Dutch costume and wooden shoes holding musical...

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior of Octagon House. Neenah's octagon house has the virtue of simplicity. As its topside ornament, it has a flagpole instead of a cupola.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Library, located on Washinton Avenue. The cornerstone was laid in May of 1899 and the library was finally complete in Septembe...

Photograph

Lake View House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View across road of a Lake View House (1869-1950) at N. 3rd Street and N. Main Street. Three-story building with a chimney, a wrap-around balcony and a por...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of Presbyterian Church.

Photograph

Carp fishing

Date: 1968-07 

Description: Two fisherman pull in a net of carp fish on Lake Winnebago.

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Public Museum. Occupies the former home of Edgar Sawyer, lumberman and businessman. It was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924. This muse...

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof, and a large wrap-around porch.

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Post Office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Two hunters pose in a wooded area. Their kill, two deer, hang upside down from a wooden beam supported by branches of trees. The deer have what appear to b...

Photograph

Cattle Judging

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men dressed in hats and coats stand with cattle on a snowy street. A large crowd surrounds the men behind a rope. Storefronts and other buildings are on bo...

Date: 1930 

Description: View from across road of the Winnebago County Asylum farm buildings, including a large barn.

Photograph

The Duck Hunters

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Five duck hunters stand in front of Mike Gavin's Buffet holding guns, paddles, and stringers of dead ducks.

Postcard

Barn

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Old Stone Barn, built by Harrison Reed in 1847.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View of a road crew along State Highway 15 at work constructing a trench for a penetration type shoulder near Kaukauna.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Museum in the winter months. Formerly the home of Edgar Sawyer. The home was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.