1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1911 

Description: Black and white image, looking west from Lake Winnebago with Fox River flowing from top left corner to bottom right corner. Streets laid out with indicat...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Museum in the winter months. Formerly the home of Edgar Sawyer. The home was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924.

Date: 1903 

Description: This maps shows what may be Ho Chunk Native American burial mounds. Also noted on the map is the Fox River, the Doty homestead, stockade embankment, the We...

Date: 1969 

Description: A woman wearing a paisley dress is carrying a United Farmworkers (UFW)/AFL-CIO sign in front of a Kroger store that reads, "Honor Picket Line/ National Cou...

Date:  

Description: Exterior of Oshkosh Public Library. The entrance has six columns and a pediment at the top of a set of steps, and there is a dome on the roof. Reverse of c...

Date: 1977 ca.

Description: A view of the south-west corner of Swart Hall, at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. This building was built in 1928, and was originally known as Rose C....

Date: 2003-10-31 

Description: "With continued pain in the right knee, the Fish Fry photographer is slated for a knee replacement on October 28 at The Kennedy Center, Mercy Medical Cente...

Postcard

Paine Lumber Co.

Date: 1911 

Description: Log entrance of the Paine Lumber Co. Edward L. Paine founded the lumber mill in 1853 on the east bank of the Fox River.

Date:  

Description: Left side view of Chicago,Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 901, class J2, built by Borrks Locomotive Works in 1887. Engineer Jake Rhyner...

Date: 1846 ca.

Description: This plat map, which features the very early spelling of Wisconsin as "Wiskonsin", was created sometime between 1846 and 1854 and shows a canal and dam on...

Postcard

Post Office

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the post office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: An elevated view of the town and river.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Fraternal Reserve Association Building and the Oshkosh Public Library, located at 46 Washington Blvd.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mills with switcher engines in front of buildings. The engines are (left to right) Chicago and Northwestern Railway No. 124, Wi...

Date: 1879 ca.

Description: The Reliance Flooring Mill. The mill building was physically moved by water by Capt. Sam Neff from Winnconne to Oshkosh, Wis. July 4, 1879.

Photograph

Knaggs Ferry Marker

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Knaggs Ferry marker. Dedicated to James Knaggs who operated a ferry in Oshkosh for nineteen years.

Date: 1977 ca.

Description: Harrington Hall, at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. This building houses the geology department, and contains numerous laboratory rooms.

Print

Ferry Street

Date: 1856 

Description: View from bridge on river. Storefronts and homes line the road that stretches to the horizon.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Museum, formerly the Sawer Foundation and the residence of Edgar Sawyer. The home was built in 1908 and became a museum in 192...

Photograph

Golf Central

Date: 2004-03-12 

Description: "This is Golf Central. They are located North of Oshkosh, at 5850 Highway 45." The signboard notes their Friday night fish fry.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.