1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Oshkosh Factories

Date: 1962 

Description: Factories on Custer Avenue. On the left is the Waite Carpet Co., and in the background is the CKL Machinery Co.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Public Library, established in 1882, was erected at a cost of $30,000, of which Andrew Carnegie contributed $12,500. The balance was raised by public subsc...

Date: 1887 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior of Octagon House. Neenah's octagon house has the virtue of simplicity. As its topside ornament, it has a flagpole instead of a cupola.

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date:  date unknown

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof. A boat is near the pier on the right.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Library, located on Washinton Avenue. The cornerstone was laid in May of 1899 and the library was finally complete in Septembe...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Neenah Public Library in winter. The library opened in 1904 and was funded with a combined donation of $20,000 from the citizens of Ne...

Photograph

Fourth Ward School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Side view of Fourth Ward School, surrounded by wooden fence.

Date: 1891 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of Presbyterian Church.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing from Harney's "History of Winnebago County" of E.L. Mathewson's home on Doty Island.

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Public Museum. Occupies the former home of Edgar Sawyer, lumberman and businessman. It was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924. This muse...

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof, and a large wrap-around porch.

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Post Office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Photograph

Cattle Judging

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men dressed in hats and coats stand with cattle on a snowy street. A large crowd surrounds the men behind a rope. Storefronts and other buildings are on bo...

Photograph

The Duck Hunters

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Five duck hunters stand in front of Mike Gavin's Buffet holding guns, paddles, and stringers of dead ducks.

Postcard

Barn

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Old Stone Barn, built by Harrison Reed in 1847.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The view from the south end of the dam looking north.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.